It must be fresh and juicy, our delicious pasta filata cheese. Many know it as “mozzarella”, traditionally made from buffalo milk. But also as a cow’s milk cheese ball, thanks to its mildly acidic taste, it is an excellent partner for numerous appetizers and dishes.
Brodowiner Mozzarella in brine is available in the following variants:
• Classic 125g ball
• Minimozzarella, 8 pieces of 15g each
Cocktail-Mini-Mozzarella (8 balls) in brine, in 2 variations:
• with garden herbs
• with mediterranean herbs
A lot of handwork and even more patience!
That’s how we make our Red Brodowiner:
• The freshly milked whole milk of our cows is gently pasteurized and placed with natural lactic acid bacteria and microbial rennet.
• Curd and whey are separated by careful stirring. The curd is now filled into round soft cheese moulds.
• The next day the cheese is put into the salt bath. In the ripening room, the cheese takes at least 12 days to develop its mild aroma and typical taste. During this time, regular care with red cultures and salt produces the natural bark with the characteristic red colouring.
Brodowiner farm cheese
Our Brodowiner farmer’s cheese is a mild, slightly spicy hard cheese with a sliceable but delicate consistency.
It ripens in our cheese cellar for at least 4 weeks in an optimal climate, but it is only through constant and conscientious cheese care, such as turning, brushing and salting, that the natural rind suitable for consumption and the typical taste of Brodowin’s farm cheese are created.
Our hard cheeses made from cow’s milk are available in the varieties ” Nature”, ” carrot-pumpkin”, “Green pepper” and Gouda (with wafer-thin wax coating). Each season the varieties “spring herbs”,”chili tomato”,”tomato basil”,”fenugreek” and “walnut” alternate.
They are simple herbs, a little bit of mild hotness and fruity tomatoes that make our Brodowin cream cheese a delicious light spread. But the cream cheese from the cup also tastes uniquely good with fresh peeled potatoes.
Available in 2 variants:
• “chili tomato” in a 200g cup
• “garden herbs” in a 200g cup